Thursday, May 2, 2019

Week #1- Reflection from night one

Image result for true or lie pictures





These 8 week classes seem to go by so quickly and I feel pretty good about this class after having our first evening together. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment with the assignments, however, this tends to be something I feel when looking at the syllabus for the first time with any class. The workload always seems like a lot, but taking small steps towards the finish line is always helpful! I have done a unit plan in the past, including the 10 lesson plans. I haven't spent a lot of time making assessments or with Bloom's Taxonomy and I think both of those assignments will be helpful for me. I really appreciated the professor allowing us time in class to create a blog and write our introduction. 4 hours is a long time to sit in front of a computer and changing it up is really nice. I have taken most of my classes in seat at Columbia College and that is my preference. It can be difficult with 3 kiddos and a dog at home, even though my husband is very helpful. Is there an assignment that you are feeling anxious about?

Please see my 2 truths and 1 lie below. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Truth:     Teachers must model what they expect their students to learn and do before expecting them to complete the task.

Truth:     Language Arts is multi-modal.

Lie:        Students don't need to know the goals for the work they are doing, they just need to do the work because the teacher said to do it.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your lie! That's weird to say! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your lie...now if EVERY teacher understood that to be a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I did the two truths and a lie wrong....oops!! Let's try again...

    1. I have a ladybug tattoo on my foot
    2. I have been bungee jumping
    3. I've broken 5 bones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you did it the first time in your actual post. For a second I thought I did mine wrong! I am gonna go with #2 is the lie. I agree that the first night of class it always seems like so much but we do do it in baby step!

    ReplyDelete