Saturday, June 8, 2019

Books for Unit- Week 6

My unit is on word families and is meant for first grade students. The following books are some examples are what could be used in a word family unit...

#1.  The Cat in the Hat
This book is fun to read and has rhyming words in it. I can use it to teach the "AT" word family.

#2. - #9.  
There are many different books that can teach students about word families. I think having books that show examples of word families, colorful pictures and illustrations will help students to be engaged and interested in what they are learning. The books in the above pictures can help teach "UCK", "ELL", "OCK", "AKE", "AT", "OT", "IN", "AM" word families.

#10. The -og Word Family (TIME FOR KIDS Nonfiction Readers)
This book can be used to teach the "OG" word family. I like this book because in most climates in the United States, frogs can be seen. Students can relate more to this book if they have seen frogs in their neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Really like your 2-9 books, we use them in the 1st grade classroom I para in and the kiddos have so much fun with them. They are definitely my favorite for this type of unit, great choice!

    ReplyDelete